Electromagnetic stress and EFT?

I'm wondering if there is anyone on the forum with experience with this who could help me to understand something.  I have been experiencing an increasing heightened startle response and a couple of other symptoms over the last couple of months and I've just realised that it's symptomatic of exposure to electromagnetic stress.  I've check the field extending from the transformer (going from 11000V to 240V) near the shed we moved into three months ago, and it's definately extending beyond the shed.  I've got a Raditech machine and have turned it onto High ( I had it on medium before) and started putting my feet on it for 1/2 hour a day and have gone into what appears to be a detox as a result.

I have worked extensively with EFT on beliefs around not feeling safe in the world, and healed from long term CFS and multiple food and chemical sensitivities as a result of this.  It didn't even occur to me that I could be affected by the transformer when we moved here, because I just believed I'm safe in the world now.  Now I'm not so sure.

I'm finding it difficult to find clear research as to whether certain individuals really are more sensitive to certain electromagnetic and geopathic energies, or whether perhaps it's just those of us with "I'm not safe" beleifs at a subconscious level who are affected.  I suspect most would say that I am sensitive and need to take measures to remove myself from the fields, but there is a little doubt in my mind wondering if my system perceives a threat here where there is none.  I became very ill some years back when I moved onto a property that was later found to have a major underground stream running through it, (right under my bed), and taking measures to deal with that resulted in the symptoms going.  It's not quite so easy to deal with the effects of the transformer as the underground stream.

I'm trying to find a consultant nearby to measure the field and give some advice, but thought I'd post in case anyone has any experience on this with EFT.  I'd really appreciate any thoughts you can share on whether EFT can help reduce sensitivity.  I know it's helping me to reduce the detox symptoms, in particular tapping on all the over-acidity in my bloodstream has made a huge difference.  If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, I'd really appreciate reading them.

Many thanks for your time in reading this.

Best wishes all,

Jo

Detailed Book "You CAN Heal with EFT" available FREE from: www.selfheal4me.com

Maybe look into the following aspects:

a) feelings of anger that you didn't realize the EMR(electromagnetic radiation) was there when you moved in. That you didn't know it was extending beyond the shed. That it might be illegal and then what? Whose fault is all this?

b) What EMR reminds you of in your early youth that makes you feel insecure? eg when I was a kid I used to be angry because the freezer always hummed and there was never any real quiet. When it finally turned off I had such a sense of relief.

c) Your fears of what excess EMR can do to a person.

d) Reluctance to being someone who handles the extra EMR. Resistance to finding ways to handle it. Refusal to consider moving again. Beliefs that something always comes up to sabotage your dream of living happily ever after.

Hope this helps

Rachel

Rachel Geller
www.eftwithrachelg.blogspot.com

Rachel - Thank you for taking the time to try to help me.  I'm not really looking for thoughts on tapping - I do a lot of tapping and can easily tune in to the aspects to tap on.  I'm more looking for information and thoughts from someone with experience with electromagnetic stress.  Appreciate you taking the time to try to help anyway.

Best wishes,

Jo

Hi everyone

I thought I'd post a response here since there doesn't seem to be any expertise on this here at the moment, just in case it helps anyone else out there, or someone who reads this thread looking for answers in the future.

I have been in touch with a couple of kind people who know a lot more about this than me, and they've both told me the same thing.  There is no really conclusive research out there yet, but more than enough evidence to suggest that some people are inherently more sensitive to geopathic and electromagnetic fields than others.  One of the people I spoke with likened it to how some people tend to be affected by smells and others by different sound frequencies - it's all different frequencies.

I have now learnt that virtually all of the symptoms I've been experiencing started small and have increased over the last 6 weeks as I've had more and more exposure to the field from the transformer.  All of the symptoms are to do with my nervous system, including things I hadn't realised were actually signs of nerve issues.  This includes facial neuralgia, sciatic pains up my leg, on edge feelings in my teeth, and what I now understand to be nerve pain that feels like a tight ball in my solar plexus area (a major nerve junction.)

One of the people I spoke to (who is a very experienced EFT practitioner and aware of these issues) put it in a great way.  She said as the old Sufi saying goes "Trust in God AND tether your camel."

So if you started experiencing symptoms after moving onto a new property and nothing you have been doing has been resolving it, consider getting it checked for geopathic and electromagnetic stress and do what you need to in order to minimise your exposure.  And of course use EFT to deal with the affects of detoxing it from your body and strengthening your system to be able to recover and deal with it.  The bottom line for me appears to be that my body has been trying to tell me something for several weeks, and I've failed to truly listen, thinking that all I needed to do was get to the bottom of my beliefs.  I now understand that my body HAS been functioning appropriately - it's been doing everything it can to draw my attention to the field which is harmful to me.  I discovered yesterday, with the help of EFT, that the actual belief standing in the road has been that after spending a lot of time feeling unsafe in the world, I had made a vow never to do so again and therefore was trying to pin it all on my beliefs as that gave me the (false!) illusion that I could control it, since I can change my beliefs with the help of EFT!  So I'm now tapping and protecting myself from the field, trusting in God and tethering my camel. :0)  Fortunately thanks to EFT I'm healing rapidly.

Very best wishes all,

Jo

Hi Jo

What an amazing journey of discovery you've been on and what a fab example of persistence and detective work. You're an inspiration and thanks for sharing this here. Yes, there was a belief AND there was a physical issue. 

I've done just the same as you for many months, ignoring physical pains insisting that it's all emotional, whereas actually that was only a partial truth. Sometimes we need to make adjustments to our external world as well as our internal one, and the body is the only communication device we have that can let us know when there's a problem. I ignored sciatica but, when I went to see a chiro/cranio sacral therapist, I got the sciatica fixed and now we're doing some deep work on helping me restore health to my body which has been pretty well dissociated most of my life. I know from reading Levine's books that physical work is sometimes an important part of trauma healing, so I'm now accepting that there are many avenues for exploration in this total healing program which I seem to be on. The next one to tackle is nutrition and detoxing!

Thank goodness we have EFT to help us to work through to seeing the real issue - we would all be so confused all the time without it. Just imagine how those poor people who don't know EFT are coping with everything around and inside them - it really doesn't bear thinking about.

love

Marian

Marian Mills
EFT Practitioner

www.eft4joy.co.uk
Author of Free e-book "Feeling Bad About Yourself and What You Can Do About It"

"Life in progress"

Hi Marian

Thanks for your posting - it sounds like we have been walking similar paths for a bit!  It's great to hear that you have the sciatica resolved and are doing this deep work.  I think sometimes we can get so focused on the EMOTIONAL part of it, that we forget that we have a physical body that has physical needs too!  Perhaps that is symptomatic of those of us who had very early trauma - learning how to disassociate from the body was the main survival mechanism, so it's natural that learning to be in our body is part of the healing process. 

bodhileaf:
Sometimes we need to make adjustments to our external world as well as our internal one, and the body is the only communication device we have that can let us know when there's a problem.

This is a great way of putting it.  I will endeavour to remember it!

bodhileaf:
Thank goodness we have EFT to help us to work through to seeing the real issue - we would all be so confused all the time without it. Just imagine how those poor people who don't know EFT are coping with everything around and inside them - it really doesn't bear thinking about.

I said something similar to my partner yesterday.  I can't even imagine having got through the last few days without EFT.  And I can attest for the fact that once you do start detoxing, using EFT on the symptoms will make life a lot easier.  I've had a pretty rough few days, but it was rougher when I forgot to tap.  Detox can result in mental fog as your system becomes acidic, so my suggestion to anyone going through a major detox is to ask someone you live with to be your detox buddy and any time they hear or see you suffering from a symptom, ask them to gently invite you to tap on it.  It makes a HUGE difference. :0)  And here again - physical support in the form of drinks that alkalinize your blood is also a very good aid to the tapping.

Very best wishes Marian,

Jo

I really admire your tenacity, Jo. You come across as someone who will constantly search for further information to help you heal more deeply, and succeed as a result. Thank you for sharing your determination with us.

My two cents worth is to look for someone trained in the German science of Bau-biologie - possibly tricky given you're in NZ, but you never know. In German Bau-biologie is the science of addressing environmental and geopathic stress in buildings. People who have studied this work with technological instruments to measure levels of radiation and electro-magnetic pollution to determine the source of environmental problems that result in physical symptoms. They then recommend repositioning of items around the home, or ways to shield from the environmental pollution. They can be seriously helpful in addressing serious health issues.

Last year I attended a talk by a trained Bau-biologist who gave fascinating example after example of how lines of geopathic stress were traced across people's beds exactly where they had tumours and other serious diseases. I was so impressed I've invited him to give a talk in my area at my local therapists' group. You can research more through the insitute he trained with. Their website is: http://buildingbiology.net/

I think you can also find more information on tackling environmental pollution on Dr. Mercola's website. He is a fan of the subject.
Sejual Shah
Healthy in Mind
EFT for goal achievement and personal empowerment
Follow me on Twitter
EFT, Reiki healing and training, Crystal healing.

Sejual - thank you for your lovely message and for the information.  I am working on trying to find someone who has trained in baubiology - there used to be someone in our closest city but she has apparently returned to Germany.  However I have managed to find a place to order a meter at a reasonable price which will hopefully show me where the field from the transformer goes to and whether the Raditech machine is reducing the effects for me.  I will check out Dr Mercola's website too.

It's a strange feeling because even though there is a lot of information out there suggesting that some of us are inherently more sensitive to EMFs than others, with my experience in completely clearing all my allergies with EFT, I can't help wondering if I couldn't clear this sensitivity with EFT.  However I know what caused the allergies, and I wonder whether perhaps this is different and simply a case of needing to listen to my body.  We had to go away for a day and I feel sooo much better, and I do wonder if it's from being away from the field, so I am moving into the caravan well out of the way of the transformer tonight until I know more about what is going on.  I shall continue to tap and investigate - I am so thankful for having EFT and the means to support myself through this, as it has really got into my entire nervous system.  EFT has given me my health back in the past, and I know it's doing it now, while helping me to deal with my beliefs too.  Isn't EFT just such an extraordinary gift to us all. :0)

Very best wishes and many thanks,

Jo

I thought I'd post an update on this with new information I've found out, for the benefit of anyone looking for answers on this in the future.  It's been quite a learning opportunity!

I've been very fortunate to be able to connect with someone who has spent many years helping people to deal with geopathic and electromagnetic stress.  She has helped me to understand what has happened.  She said that how we are affected by these fields depends on the resilience of our body and the level and length of exposure.  She stressed that if someone has been exposed to geopathic or electromagnetic stress in the past, their system is more likely to react to it again, as it is sensitised to the effects.  This is particularly so when the person was very ill during the first exposure.  The first time I know I was exposed to major geopathic stress was several years ago when I, my then husband, and our dog all became ill within a few months of moving to a new property.  I was ill at the time with CFS, although the geopathic stress made it much worse.  We suspect that this is why I picked up the field from the transformer here so quickly and with such severe symptoms.  However the woman I spoke to said that over a longer period of time, even someone with a strong consitution will be affected, and it was very interesting because when I mentioned that to my partner, we suddenly realised that it's possible he has been affected but we didn't connect the dots - after sleeping away from the field for the last three nights, he has woken up much earlier and with a lot more energy.  After what the woman said, we realised it's quite possible that he has been affected, just in a different way because his body is more resilient, as with the benefit of hindsight we can see that he has been waking later and later and still waking tired, since we moved into the building.

I also learnt that when we have a lot of electromagnetic stress build up in our system, which I appear to have, it takes longer for our body to be able to clear it from the system, so we really need to support ourselves along the way as it clears out, and accept that it might take a little while before all the symptoms abate.  I have found EFT is helping hugely with the detox, including in helping me to remember to do all the self care things so essential to safe detoxing - like drinking lots, lots of Vitamin C throughout the day, something to help sweep the toxins from the bowel (in my case psyllium husks) etc.

I feel like I'm near the end of this, because I've found the gift in the situation. :0)  I've learnt that I distrusting my subconscious isn't very productive, and that my body really is able to let me know what I need, if I just listen to it.  The first three nights in the building, I couldn't sleep much at all. There were also other early signs, that had I listened to, would have meant that I dealt with this a lot earlier.  Clearing the vow of not ever wanting to feeling unsafe again (mentioned above) has made a big difference for me.

I wasn't able to deal with this with EFT alone, but perhaps if I'd understood more from the start and dealt with it early enough, I would have been able to.  As I didn't, I've had to use the Raditech machine to draw the EM stress out of me as well, but fortunately having EFT has made that process a lot easier than it could have been.  I know that some people believe electromagnetic fields can block EFT from working, but I haven't found that to be the case for myself.

If you or someone you know has been suffering from a variety of strange symptoms since soon after moving onto a new property, consider getting it checked for sources of geopathic and electromagnetic stress, and tap, tap, tap!  Tap specifically on past exposures if you are aware of any, and tap on all the specific symptoms, and any fears you have.  One of the things I've learnt is that the electromagnetic stress affects our pineal gland, which is why we can have such a large array of symptoms.  I've tapped on individual symptoms as well as groups of symptoms, and found it has made a big difference.

Very best wishes to all,

Jo

I don't know what it is about tap water that was bothering me, but when I started drinking a certain brand of bottled water I felt much better, and although this 'allergy' or sensitivity may be caused by an emotion, I don't know what it is. I feel resistance to EFTing it and perhaps my motto has been: "Don't go WHEN you don't belong" so in the meantime I've been drinking bottled water, although the expense adds up and it's difficult to carry home. But now that I've thought about it, perhaps I shall tap on my resistance to tap on it! Thanks for your postings. RG.

Rachel Geller
www.eftwithrachelg.blogspot.com

Rachel G.:
I don't know what it is about tap water that was bothering me, but when I started drinking a certain brand of bottled water I felt much better

Rachel - Have you seen anything about Masaru Emoto and how water changes with intention?  If not, you can watch a brief clip from a movie that talks about it at http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GpkfCZPblgg  Tapping to clear the issues on the water will help when you are ready, and you could also take the idea from the movie and put words of the energy you want on a water jug.  Do you know when the tap water first started bothering you?  That might help narrow down what was going on at the time to tap on.

Cheers,

Jo

selfheal4me:

I feel like I'm near the end of this, because I've found the gift in the situation. :0)  I've learnt that I distrusting my subconscious isn't very productive, and that my body really is able to let me know what I need, if I just listen to it. 

Hi Jo,

This comment really struck a chord with me. Jennifer Mc Lean who does trauma work says "our body is the safest place on earth to be". I had to do some tapping when I first heard that, but the body is such a good friend to us, it holds stuff for us, communicates with us all the time and a lot of the time we get angry or frustrated with it. As you say "it's finding the gift in the situation" that really turns something round and transforms it.

Here's a good article on geopathic stress http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/08/13/geopathic-stress.aspx

Thanks for this post,

Noreen.

Noreen Barron M.A. EFTCert-I
Co-Moderator Chronic Diseases and Physical Conditions
http://energyandintention.com
EFT Blog
A4 EFT Short Cut Procedure

You are searching the world for treasure, but the real treasure is yourself - Rumi

Dear Jo,

Hi all and just catching up with this fascinating topic here.

Jo, when we moved into our finca in Spain both my partner,, myself and dogs developed ilnnesses and negativity..well negative influences..strong impressions of this ..too much to go into here.

I found a wonderful lady in England who did a report on the house long distance with reference to electro magnetic stress/geopathic.

And that whilst we live in the country & the main growing region of Spain, that in her report, she wouldn't recommend that we would have originally bought here because we are on the apex of pylons .

She sent us a report of what to do inc. feng shui stuff, moving furniture, decorate, clearing..all sorts of things. 

Our house is a lot better & feels better, however over the time we have lived here we have developed illnesses: all varied inc. one of our dogs who devloped a rare tumour that snapped off two of her main molars.

We love this place so much , it is peaceful, birds singing and abundant wildlife but are very aware of this.

I would have a property analysis for this now before buying again because myself & my partner are so sure this can affect your health & your animals.

Thanks for opening this up Jo,

Marie x

Marie Holliday
Forum Co - Moderator Chronic Diseases & Carer/Caregiver
AAMET Practitioner/Trainer/Trainer of Trainers Level 3 in English y Espanol
Company Women of The Year Award Category Winner with EFT Spain
www.eftspain.com www.aametspain.com
EFT en Espanol visit www.eftespana.com

Marie - I can understand what it is like for you, having had a similar thing happen for me in the past.  It's so important to take all the measures we can.  I saw an amazing thing on a website yesterday that made it graphic - pictures of babies sleeping in the most odd places in their beds - later found to be the only spot in their beds free of geopathic stress.  They knew.

I think it's important to do all we can to neutralise the electro/geopathic stress AND to clear it from our bodies.  I don't know if it's possible using EFT alone, but I'm not taking any chances as I've been so badly affected in such a short time.  Just in case you don't know about them - there are machines called Raditech machines which neutralise electro/geopathic stress in the home and you can put your feet on them to cause a detox of the stress from your body.  They were invented by a man who lost his son to cancer - they later found that he was sleeping on a geopathic hotspot.  EFT is fabulous for dealing with the effects of the detox - it's been so much easier with EFT than it was last time without.  I've learnt that it's important to do the right things while detoxing otherwise you can feel really rotten - it's the pits!

Noreen - what a lovely way to put it.  I've needed quite a bit of tapping to get to my body being the safest place to be, and I think there might still be a part of me that doesn't agree, but EFT has helped me move a long way on this.  I think I might use that phrase as a reframe with my tapping - thank you so much for sharing it.  And yes, the Mercola article is a good one.

I think this is something that not enough people know about.  There is no money to fund research because proving that electrical appliances and distribution lines are not safe is not financially beneficial for so many.  Thank goodness with EFT we have more tools to deal with it.

Very best wishes to all,

Jo

Dear Jo,

Thanks for that information, I will look at it especially as you recommend it.

Yes, I sleep right at the edge of the bed and have you seen where animals lay in different places because of this ?

Cats in negative spots..our cat used to lay at bottom of our bed...but maybe it was just sooooooooooooo cosy there ! GRIN !

Wheras apparently dogs will move away from 'negative' stress areas.

Outside this particular bedroom the bouganvillea is twisted & growing away as is a tree that is twisted .. a sign of stress.

On an intuitive note, I had put wind chimes across this path without realising.

Many thanks again Jo,

Marie

Marie Holliday
Forum Co - Moderator Chronic Diseases & Carer/Caregiver
AAMET Practitioner/Trainer/Trainer of Trainers Level 3 in English y Espanol
Company Women of The Year Award Category Winner with EFT Spain
www.eftspain.com www.aametspain.com
EFT en Espanol visit www.eftespana.com

EFTSpain:
Yes, I sleep right at the edge of the bed and have you seen where animals lay in different places because of this ?

Yes I've seen the same thing.  My cat used to sleep on the spot that was later identified to be the underground water and my dog wasn't keen on sleeping her in kennel, which was on another bad spot.  I think with EFT we can clear the blocks and do the same as they do - my body sure was trying to get me out of the building the first few nights, I just didn't listen to it.  Thanks to EFT I'm going to listen a whole lot closer to my body messages and not be so quick to just look for beliefs.

Very best wishes,

Jo