Temporal (around the ear) tapping

Hi guys, been doing some reading around "temporal tapping" - Gary mentioned he used thisin his own approach to losing weight.  I didn't much to read on it; granted it's a simple enough process... tap positives in on the right and negatives on the left some say.  But I am confused about the sides... doesn't the left speak to the rightbrain hemisphere and vice versa?

I could't find anything on this.. anyone have any insights for me?

Ta

Much love from a glorious winter morning in Cape Town, South Africa : ]

Kai

Hi Kai,

There are a great many acupuncture points around and on the ear.  It makes sense that we can use these in a tapping process.  I don't believe that this has been explored much.  At least, I'm not aware of much that has been written on this.  Might be something to develop??

With much love,

Paul

Paul Zelizer, MA, EFT-CertI.
EFT for Success, Clarity and Wellbeing.

FREE Ebook on EFT for Abundance
FREE Ebook: 10 Biggest EFT Mistakes

kai:
   Hi guys, been doing some reading around "temporal tapping" - Gary mentioned he used thisin his own approach to losing weight.  ... I could't find anything on this.. anyone have any insights for me? 

Energy healer and teacher Donna Eden writes and teaches about the temporal tap - from memory there is information on it in her book "Energy Medicine".  I haven't seen any more mention of it from Gary Craig other than what you've already come across.

Best wishes,

Jo

Detailed Book "You CAN Heal with EFT" available FREE from: www.selfheal4me.com

Hi Kai,

There's a link here on Gwenn Bonnell's site about temporal tapping http://www.tapintoheaven.com/2stuff/stuftemtap.shtml

Noreen.

Noreen Barron M.A. EFTCert-I
Co-Moderator Chronic Diseases and Physical Conditions
http://energyandintention.com
EFT Blog
A4 EFT Short Cut Procedure

You are searching the world for treasure, but the real treasure is yourself - Rumi

Thanks everyone for your replies, but no one addressed my question... left to right and vice versa? Any ideas on that?

Rgds

Kai

Cape Town

Hi Kai,

In right-handed people the left cerebral hemisphere is involved in analytical thinking and verbal activity, the right hemisphere is involved in intuitive and artistic activities. The results are less conclusive for left handed people so you may want to do some research on this if you are left handed. I think this is also the logic behind which side to tap on

I think the goal for me is cerebral balance, this is when we are at our highest creative functioning when both sides are communicating so we have all the benefits of both, both sides have their own beauty. There is a lot of research to show that the feeling of peace/oneness while meditating is because both hemispheres are communicating better and creating more neuronal connections between them, the more you meditate the better they communicate and work together. Tapping the thymus helps both hemispheres to balance too. But try the temporal tapping to see if it works for you. Someone who has done great work on the brain, emotions and feelings (being more specific than just right/left) is Antonio Damasio, you may want to look his work up.

Hope this helps clarify

Noreen.
Noreen Barron M.A. EFTCert-I
Co-Moderator Chronic Diseases and Physical Conditions
http://energyandintention.com
EFT Blog
A4 EFT Short Cut Procedure

You are searching the world for treasure, but the real treasure is yourself - Rumi

Hi Kai,

Temporal tapping  is a powerful energy medicine technique given by Donna Eden.

The brain's hemispheres though dominant in certain specific areas are conected through the corpus callosum. This bridge between the right and left hemispheres helps in sharing information. Therefore as you say the hemispheres do speak to each other because the right hemisphere controls the left part of the body and left controls the right. Also the information from right hemisphere crosses over to the left and vice versa.  The right hemisphere is more dominant than left in music, spatial abilties, face recognition etc  whereas the left is more dominant in mathematical and analytical abilities.

The left hemisphere in right handed people is more dominant in language and said to be more critical ...therefore the negative wording is for left hemisphere in temporal tap since it will be assimilated well. Whereas the right hemisphere is said to be the emotional side of brain and is more susceptible to favorable , positive language....which accounts for the positive wording for right. 

Another reason why temporal tap will work is -  as Paul said,  the area behind our ears is part of the the Triple Warmer meridian. it starts from our Index finger(this point is used in EFT) , passes the area behind the ears and ends at corner of eyebrow.  It is used in meridian tracing methods for balancing meridians.

The 9 gamut in EFT also utilizes the left and right hemisphere by using the counting ( left hemisphere) and humming ( right hemisphere).

Best wishes

Hi Kai,

One correction in my earlier post-

About Triple Warmer- It starts from the ring finger and not the index finger and passes the Gamut spot(used in EFT) and the area behind the ear and ends near the eyebrows.

I think the temporal tap is interesting and I will give it a try. One thing though - I am left handed and I read that for right handed people you must tap in the goal with a "negative", like "I have stopped being poor" or "I have finished being poor", for exemple and in the right hemisphere tap in the positives like "I am gaining more money every day" or "I am more and more financial succesful", for exemple. And the article said to tap this 3 times with a break for at least 30 min. I have discoverd that in my case tapping the "negative" above the left ear (being left handed) sounds so true in my head. Do you think that it is better and more effective to just use this "negatives" in my tapping. And does this kind of forming of the sentence (in the "negative")  is  effective, I mean will it show results?

Hi Kai,

Yes, you can tap the negatively worded sentence above the left ear . For e.g - I am no longer poor. I don't get anxious under pressure.

The positive wording for this above right ear will be - I am financially well off; I am rich.  I am relaxed under pressure.

If you stay strong while tapping a negative statement into left side, stick with this. Since you are fine with using negative with left ear (which is usually for most right handed people) you can use that. However it is better to do the positives on the right side as well. 

You can tap from front to back about 5 times on left side, making your statement with each go. Repeat the same for the right side. And as you said give a gap of atleast one hour in between.

I am a little confused here. As I said I am left handed - so I need to tap the "negatives" above my right ear and the positives above my left ear. But is this really important? or I can just tap the "negatives" on any ear and the the positives on the other ear. Is it important to just have an order in this, or one can tap the negatives and the positives on any ear, no matter if they are left or right handed. 

Because I saw that I was wrong tapping the negatives on the left ear (being left handed) and I stoped and started to tap the negatives on the right ear and the positives on the left ear. Will all this change confuse my brain and loose the efectiveness? How long should I wait before I see any results? And did you guys used the temporal tap? What was your experience with it?  

Hi Kitty,

I'm assuming that your question is directed towards my last post. Correct me if I am wrong.

For most right handed  - Tapping on left side with negatives and right side with positives works.

For  left handed people - The oppposite is true in most cases.

Your changing the sides won't confuse your brain. But you have to check that you stay strong when you tap on your right with negative and left with positive.

Also, if you combine EFT with this then it will work faster.

Thank you pujak for your help! But forgive my ignorance what does it mean - to stay strong? I really don*t understand what you mean.

So it is not confusing my brain if I switched sides, and this will work faster if I use also eft, right? 

Hi Kitty,

Your most welcome!

To stay strong means that you feel comfortable while tapping and after the tapping; you feel a good vibration from it; in other words it doesn't disturb or disorient you. Since you have tried both the side tapping, see which one is more comfortable. Temporal tap is defined related to the words that are used. Make sure that the words you use are in a language that is comfortable for you.Also the words should be congruent with your values and not going against them. 

Yes with EFT the changes will be faster. EFT will help you in dealing with the blocks ; for e.g blocks to making money, losing weight etc. It will help you in accepting yourself the way you are and;  working on changing the aspects that you would like to change.

Hi Kitty,

You are most welcome!

To stay strong means that you feel comfortable while tapping and after the tapping; you feel a good vibration from it; in other words it doesn't disturb or disorient you. Since you have tried both the side tapping, see which one is more comfortable. Temporal tap is defined related to the words that are used. Make sure that the words you use are in a language that is comfortable for you.Also the words should be congruent with your values and not going against them. 

Yes with EFT the changes will be faster. EFT will help you in dealing with the blocks ; for e.g blocks to making money, losing weight etc. It will help you in accepting yourself the way you are and;  working on changing the aspects that you would like to change.